Sunday 14 August 2011

Amongst The Cold Snap: Blossoming Signs of Spring

I just wanted to share... Some beauties arrived in my front yard today.
Not only are the beautifully amazing and daring bulbs, bushes and trees in my front yard flowering, but I also got a delivery in the mail. A delivery that arrived in a Greenpac envelop made from recycled paper, which was 100% recyclable. Inside this green envelope was threads made from organic, fair-trade cotton. Beautiful, soft, organic cotton T-shirts and an organic cotton hoodie. My little shopping spree at the Kowtow website while they had their winter end-of-season sale, has finally arrived. And I only had to wait a few days. Something that satisfied the impatient side of me.
(Just to point out the sign was separate, a friend of mine at Epic Engraving (Auckland) made it for me since I'm sick of religious doomsday-preachers knocking on my door and upsetting my dogs)
I can't really express my gratitude and adoration for the Kowtow brand. The work that they do is amazing. Their designs are beautiful and the fabric is so lovely to the touch.
I am greatly looking forward to seeing their new season designs and I will undoubtedly blog about it when I do.
The T-shirts are gorgeous, and I particularly like the "Eat& Work& Sleep& Consume" Tee.
The hoodie is unfortunately a tad bit tight under the arms and I now wish I'd ordered a 14 but oh well, you learn these things. It is unfortunately the downside of buying online.
Organic/fair-trade clothing and recycled/second hand clothing is how I want to shop this summer, and probably for the rest of my life.

I love spring and it's little deliveries and changes. I'm looking forward to change, to sunshine and to cheerful fashion like summer dresses in soft pastel tones and floral scarves.
As the days get longer, even if they are colder right now during our current cold snap here in New Zealand, I can feel it giving new inspiration and energy to my mind. I have so many new projects that I want to dive right into. I want to renovate the house me and my partner live in. I want to go visit  Global Fabrics and check out their organic cotton fabric range. I want to find some beautiful summer dress designs so that I can make some of my own organic clothing for summer. I want to learn to make crochet lace so that I can incorporate some into these dresses somehow, since I adore crochet lace. I even want to give Cloth toilet paper a go... Because I am becoming that much of a hippy.
I am starting a course at the local Unitec, to learn how to study so that I can move onto a foundation course in Psychology next year and move on from my retail job.

(Sigh) Spring is on its way and I feel like my soul is waking up again after hibernating for the grey, dark months of winter. I can't wait for summer and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment