Tuesday 13 September 2011

My Days Little Project

I have been very busy lately between work and a new course I am doing, which has resulted in not a lot of blogging time or free creativity time. However, today I have had a whole day of free relaxing time and since I couldn't get to the fabric store to start my organic clothing sewing project, I thought I would sow some seeds.
I am so glad it is September and spring has officially started! I sowed some zucchinis, squash, tomatoes, peas and lettuce and while sitting on the sheltered porch, I couldn't help but think that even with the 3 walls surrounding the little seed pots, that the harsh cold winds were still getting in. I pondered perhaps finding a piece of glass to place just above the pots, to help hold in warmth. But then I got the idea of constructing my own little plastic house from items I already had around the house... and here it is.





I constructed it out of old bamboo stakes from last summer, left over plastic bags (cut into sheets), ties made from strips of old stockings and twistie ties. It might not be perfect, but I hope it will at least be better than nothing, and it saved me the $50 it would've cost me to buy a mini seedling plastic house!

No comments:

Post a Comment